The National Audit Programme (NAP) was developed in conjunction with the Regional Aviation Association of Australia (RAAA) to enhance the level of operational safety for aviation businesses within Australia. Its purpose is to provide a set of nationally recognised standards based on regulatory and ICAO requirements whilst encompassing global best practices, mining and resource industry standards.
The NAP covers all areas of aircraft operations, including Safety, Flight, Cabin, Ground, Cargo and Maintenance Operations.
Operators that meet all of the NAP requirements will be accredited for a period of 12 months.
Subscribing organisations wishing to utilise the services of accredited operators will be granted controlled access to the audit database. This enables these organisations 24/7 access via a web portal to this information, thus significantly reducing the number of industry audits required.
The NAP is managed and administered by Altara, a recognised industry leader in the provision of quality consulting, regulatory and auditing services. The administration and control of the NAP and related data is managed in accordance with the requirements of the National Audit Programme Manual.
The NAP is sponsored by the insurance industry as they recognise that participating operators will benefit by reducing their exposure to operational risk.
- Provides an additional level of independent oversight
- Increases the level of operational safety
- Increases the potential to attract additional customers
- Reduces the number of industry audits and streamlines current contractual processes
- Provides cost efficiencies
- Provides the potential to obtain a safety rebate from insurers through the reduction in exposure to risk
- Enables access to expanded safety related information including audit data and reports of accredited operators
- Reduces costs by providing access to a register of accredited operators negating the need to procure independent audits for each operator
- Minimises the lead time required to engage charter services
- Enables access to a common set of national standards created by aviation industry experts
The NAP will be launched in the 4th quarter of 2009.